Saint Louis Luxury Hotel Barge
Saint Louis is one of the most luxurious and best appointed barges on the canal network in France today.
Meticulously maintained with no effort spared, the team at Saint Louis bring you the ultimate in luxury cruising and our guests enjoy:
- a spacious, tastefully decorated salon with; a soft seating area, dining area for 6, an open bar, music system (with Bluetooth/iPhone doc/NFC connectivity) and a small reference library
- mobile Wi-Fi, a full 10G each cruise week. Please note, signal strength may vary slightly as we progress along the canal
- three guest cabins each with new (2016) shower-rooms en-suite with 240V hairdryers, heated towel rail and luxury toileteries.
Bed configuration can be twin or double as preferred in all cabins.
- full air-conditioning throughout all guest areas
- the largest sun-deck of any barge of comparable size, easily accessed by wide stairs directly from the salon
- the sun deck is “un jardin flottant” a floating garden. Resplendent with flowers and mini-conifers it is furnished with a teak dining table and chairs for 6 and three reclining teak sun-loungers together with ample sun umbrellas to provide perfect shade as required
- 6 quality off-road bicycles
Gastronomy on board Saint Louis Luxury Hotel Barge
Dining on board, our food, our wine, our cheese, your table!
Saint Louis cruises in the gloriously abundant South West France where the finest fruit, vegetables, meats, cheeses and wines of great note are all produced. The Atlantic is nearby and the vibrant local markets here are bursting with varieties of fish, oysters and fruit de mer to tempt every palate.
Over the past three years we have developed our relationship with “the best of the best” producers we bring to your table the very best that this region has to offer across all products.
Because of the outstanding quality of our ingredients and their freshness, our ethos in the kitchen is, “cook it simply, cook it lightly, embrace seasonality and avoid heavy use of sugar, salt and fat, let the flavour and texture of the food be the focus” – and our guests love this approach!
Pairing wine with food is an art and we work closely with our wine distributor in St Emilion, himself an executive chef, to bring you a wide variety of wines of great quality from across this region that are specifically selected to complement our food. We have an excellent “cellar” and carry approximately 600 bottles on board.
France is renowned for its superlative cheeses and no dinner or indeed lunch if preferred, would be complete without an offering of examples of the cheese makers’ art. We select three new cheeses each day to create imaginative cheese boards that may include dried fruits, nuts and honey for you to share and enjoy.
The enjoyment of food is central to what we do; it is not only a taste experience it is also a visual one. Each evening our guests sit down to a different table setting, we carry a wide selection of table cloths, jacquard linen napkins, candles and other decorative finishings that Wendy uses to great effect to create a variety of themed table settings throughout the week – she’s even been known to hold napkin folding classes with inquisitive guests!
Our Cruise Routes
Saint Louis cruises in two regions, Bordeaux and Gascony in South West France
Bordeaux routes: The wine lovers cruise!
Bordeaux is the largest wine producing region in and is generally accepted as the most influential wine producing region in the world. Come and discover St Emilion, Sauternes and Armagnac whilst enjoying the best of local produce and relax whilst cruising through stretches of this un-spoilt, tree lined canal network.
Gascony routes: Architecture, heritage and local culture – and great wines!
Cruising these routes introduces our guests to medieval settlements such as Lauzerte, Auvillar and Moissac, a world heritage site famous for its Abbey and Cloisters. The architecture of the region is stunning and varied, our excursions include a French market for the freshest of produce, an afternoon river cruise on the mighty Tarn and insights into the development of the region over the last two hundred years as different transportation methods have arrived. Home page: Copy for under the main home page banner:
Saint Louis at a glance:-
- 5* Luxury for up to 6 guests in three twin or double en-suite cabins
- 4 Full time crew
- Visit historic World Heritage Sites
- Gourmet dining
- Extensive on-board cellar
- Customise your cruise
- Relax with family and friends
- Fully air-conditioned
- Transfers and excursions by Mercedes V Series included
For more information visit Saintlouisbarge.com