Arles à la Carte: French Immersion Programmes
Learn and speak French through an immersive program customized just for you!
Through our personalized French language and cultural immersion programs, Arles à la carte strives to provide students of all ages and levels with high quality French classes and as many opportunities as possible to practice speaking French in a real-life setting.
Arles, a stunning location in the heart of Provence
A haven for archaeologists, historians, nature lovers, photographers and modern art specialists alike, Arles is the ideal location for studying the French language and experiencing the mix of Mediterranean cultures and histories. Situated at the apex of the delta formed by the Rhône river and the Mediterranean sea, at the edge of the Camargue natural park and at the heart of the Provence region, Arles is best known for its Roman monuments and its connection to artists, photographers, designers and architects such as Van Gogh, Picasso, Lucien Clergue, Christian Lacroix and Frank Gehry. Arles is a place worth getting to know with its long history, local cafés and laid-back feel on the one hand and rich and varied events calendar and renowned artistic presence on the other.
Our programs — uniquely tailored to your learning goals!
We offer individual (one-on-one), duo (2 people traveling / studying together) and small group (3-8 people) French classes and immersion programs. Our classes are taught by Français Langue Etrangère (FLE) language instructors with extensive teaching experience with students of all ages and levels as well as considerable cultural and historical knowledge of the area.
Courses are planned according to the students’ individual needs, interests and language goals. Whether students would like to be able to converse simply in French in a short amount of time, develop their French for professional reasons, prepare to pass a language exam or simply to feel more comfortable while visiting the area, the Arles à la carte language instructors adapt to each student’s objectives.
Students have the option of three different program structures:
– “Inside” which offers French culture, grammar and conversation lessons in a classroom setting
– “Outside” which provides initial language instruction in the classroom to present necessary related grammar in context and expressions, based on the student’s level, then multiple language and cultural activities “outside” of the classroom
– “In & Out” which combines an equal amount of in-classroom time and outside language and cultural activities
We also offer our “Summer French Classes!” for beginner and intermediate levels with start dates throughout the month of July. This program consists of up to 15 hours per week of small group classes with an ability to add individual classes, workshops and other activities “à la carte”.
At the end of each program, our students receive:
- A written report with comments from their instructor (bilan individuel de fin de programme) on the language skills covered and student progress
- A certificate of completion for the program
- A satisfaction survey to provide feedback on the program
Interested in learning more about local culture and history?
At Arles à la carte, we provide students with both linguistic and cultural experiences in an interactive and engaging environment. We therefore offer a variety of language and cultural activities to choose from including:
- “Language lunches”
- Guided tours of the local monuments + museums
- Visits to the local markets
Photography workshops, wine tasting, as well as art, cooking, flamenco and yoga classes and more!
Local accommodations: host families, apartments, guest houses
To help you remain in a linguistic immersion setting, Arles à la carte has a dedicated network of Arlesian families that house program participants of all ages. Families provide a certain number of meals, a wealth of knowledge about the area and the best things to see and visit, and an intensive linguistic immersion setting. Our host families all live in the center of Arles within a 10-15 minute walk of the Arles à la carte language center, and everything in town is easily accessible on foot.
For shorter stays we are happy to recommend our favorite hotels, apartments, guest houses and bed & breakfasts.
Explore fascinating and beautiful local attractions!
- Nearby cities easily accessible by car / train:
- Avignon: Popes’ Palace & le pont d’Avignon
- Nîmes: Roman Amphitheater & Pont du Gard
- Marseille: Old Port, Notre Dame Basilica, Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean, Calanques National Park & Frioul Islands
- Montpellier: Historical city center, Saint Pierre Cathedral & Botanical Gardens
- Aix-En-Provence: Sainte Victoire mountain, Aix Cathedral & Granet Museum
- Camargue Natural Park and beaches! Les Saintes Maries de la mer, Aigues-Mortes, Salin de Giraud
- Alpilles foothills + villages: les Baux de Provence, Saint Rémy de Provence
Arles à la carte provides an authentic French experience, resulting in significant language progress and long-lasting memories!
Find out more here:
Telephone: (+33) (0)4 90 52 35 39 / Cell : (+33) (0)6 60 15 25 89