You will not only stay in a in a beautiful house overlooking the Mediterranean, in Ceyreste, a little medieval village 40 km from Marseille, but you will also get the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture and language of my country .
The property is set on one hectare of Mediterranean scrub, intermingled with olive trees, agapanthus, lavenders and in summer, cicadas singing… about the only sound you will hear!
The house itself is an exciting marriage of modern design and authentic materials: you will love all the dry stone walls and the typical Provencal “bories” (former shepherds’ dry stone huts) we have here.
The 2 charming “Chambres d’Hôtes” (25m2 each) have their own private bathrooms and toilets and can be rented independently or together (special rate on request).
The studio (25m2) can be rented as a B&B or used for self catering.
All of them can accommodate 2 people: king size beds (1×1.80) that can be separated into two singles (2×90). So with accommodation for six people, it might be fun, to come with friends!
They all have a private terrace and free access to the overflow swimming pool, with views over La Ciotat bay.
Roaming the famous Provence vineyards or markets, touring wineries or taking cooking classes, visiting the lavender fields or L’Occitane beauty products’ factory (an hour’s drive from my home)… just a few of the many possibilities offered to you here!
Some examples of excursions in the surroundings:
- A hike in the Calanques National Park with its unique fjord-like inlets of blue-green water.
- A visit to La Ciotat famous for its pétanque game and the world’s oldest movie theatre.
- A visit to Aix en Provence, the town which inspired many of the greatest French writers and painters: Stendhal, Zola and Cézanne among others.
- A visit to the Château d’If island made famous by Alexander Dumas in his novel “The Count of Monte Cristo”
Or perhaps you need a break and will be pleased to relax by the pool.
Prices range from 90€ to 120€ per night and per room in B&B
- By plane to Marseille airport (1 hour’s drive from here )
- By train to La Ciotat station (the nearest to Ceyreste and just 10 minutes from here.)
- If you want to rent a car while staying here, I will organize it for you .
For more information, visit the Live and Learn en Provence website